Pour expliquer des polarisations aussi extrêmes de la météo sur des régions aussi petites et sur d’aussi grandes périodes, il n’y a aucun modèle scientifique.
Fun but no sun! Surfers make the most of a chilly summer's day at the beach as the school holidays draw to a close
- On same day Met Office reveal it’s been the wettest summer ever, temperatures plunged to almost record summer lows overnight
- Braemar is Scotland was the coldest spot as it dropped to -2.1C
- There has only been one August night colder, August 21 1973, when Lagganlia in the Highlands suffered -4.5C
- It tops off a miserable summer, which has been the wettest in a century, causing flash floods only yesterday
- Traffic congestion as parents return from family holidays ahead of children going back to school next week with M25 delayed in both directions